On the 4th of February 2012, MJDA organized a Volunteers Recognition Event to publically recognize the contribution of 200 volunteers who have been actively participating during the last 5 years to achieve the organization’s objectives.
“I was not sure when I was asked to be the Partron of MJDA but today I know clearly who I am working with, good heated, benevolent” said President of Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia H.E Girma Wolde Giorgis on the occasion of the recognition day devoted for outstanding contributors in the efforts of improving the well being of children, women, unemployed youth and senior citizen.
On the occasion 23 private sectors and individuals and 12 current international partners/donors namely Plan International, USAID, CORDAID, Save the Children Norway, Save the Children Denmark, Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc, Help Age International, UNICEF, UNDP, UNV, UNFPA and World Learning have been rewarded certificates of appreciation for their outstanding contribution.
MJ-DA works to ward empowering children, women, families and other undeserved community groups through integrated development programs which focus on capacity building and encourages genuine participation of beneficiaries to the effect that target communities became HIV and aids competent and their livelihood improved .
VisionMJA- strives to see healthy, poverty free and empowered society.
- Self reliance
- Trust worthiness
- Transparency and accountability at all levels
- Integrity and mutual respect between among stake holders
- Children centered program
- Right-based programming and executing
- Capacity building and networking
- Holistic /integrated
- Basic service provision and advocacy
- Gender mainstreaming
- Community based
- Subsidiary and goods governance team work and competence
- Work towards reducing the level of poverty through prompting basic social service and improving livelihood of target communities.
- Prevent the HIV transmission and mitigate the impact of Aids on the target communities with special focus on
- infected and affected members of the community both through service delivery and advocacy work
- Build institutional capacity of MJDA and target communities for effective implementation of the mission of the organization.